Isabel and Steffen Synnatschke are award-winning nature and travel photographers based in Europe. Fascinated by the incredible beauty of the Colorado Plateau and the Pacific Northwest they kept returning to the Western U.S. over the past decade in search of remote and unseen sceneries. Isabel and Steffen are book authors and their images are regularly published in magazines, calendars, postcards, German newspapers and travel guides.
Isabel was raised in South America and different European countries. Her passion for nature, travel and photography started in her early childhood and gained significantly in influence over the years, turning her hobby into a profession. She is co-author of bestselling guidebooks in German language and a professional landscape and travel photographer. More of her work is displayed on her website: Nature Photography.
Steffen grew up in Eastern Germany. As a child he loved to drift off into the fantasy world of fictitious Apache Chief Winnetou, featured in the books by the famous German author Karl May. With the fall of the Berlin Wall he was finally able to follow the path of his childhood hero. He started visting the American Southwest extensively and found his vocation in exploring remote desert places and photographing brightly colored badlands and weird sandstone formations. On his website you'll find more images and many articles about lesser known places in the American Southwest: Secrets of the West.
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III; full-frame DSLR (22,3 MP)
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II; full-frame DSLR (21 MP)
- Canon 24-105 mm, 1:4 L IS USM
- Canon 16-35 mm 1:2.8 L II USM
- Canon 17-40 mm 1:4.0 L USM
- Canon 100-400 mm, 1:4.5-5.6 L IS USM
- Canon 70-300 mm, 1:4-5.6 L IS USM
- Canon 180mm 1:3.5 L USM Macro Lens
- Canon 24 mm TS-E 1:3,5 L II
- Sigma 12-24 mm f/4,5-5,6 II DG HSM
- Gitzo GT2541, Feisol CT-3442, Velbon Sherpa Pro CF 645
- Really Right Stuff BH-40, Sunwayfoto XB-44, Photoclam PC-44NS, Markins Q3 and Kirk L-Bracket
- ND 64 & ND 8 grey filter; Hihghtech and Lee Filters (i.e. Lee Big Stopper); ND Gradual Filters
Cokin Z 121; Reverse ND Graduated Filter; Singh-Ray polarizing filter
- Canon Speedlite 430EX II