Isabel and Steffen Synnatschke are
award-winning nature and travel photographers based in Europe.
Deeply fascinated by the eerie beauty of Iceland and the amazing
landscapes in the United States (especially the Colorado Plateau
and the Pacific Northwest), they keep traveling the world in search
of remote and seldom seen sceneries.
Isabel and Steffen are authors of several books and their images are regularly published in magazines, calendars, postcards, German newspapers and travel guides.
Taken in late August 2018 during our summer (!) trip to Iceland ;-)
Isabel was raised in South America and different European countries. Her passion for nature, travel and photography started in her early childhood and gained significantly in influence over the years, turning her hobby into a profession. She is author and co-author of bestselling guidebooks in German language and a professional landscape and travel photographer.
Steffen grew up in Eastern Germany. As a child he loved to drift off into the fantasy world of fictitious Apache Chief "Winnetou", featured in the books by the popular German author "Karl May". With the fall of the Berlin Wall he was finally able to follow the path of his childhood hero. He started visting the American Southwest extensively and found his vocation in exploring remote desert places and photographing brightly colored badlands and weird sandstone formations. On his old website you'll find many articles about lesser known places in the American Southwest: Secrets of the West.
- Sony Alpha 7RII (42 MP) w/ Metabones IV adapter
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV; full-frame DSLR (30,4 MP)
- Canon 24-70 mm, 1:2.8 L II USM
- Canon 24-105 mm, 1:4 L IS USM
- Canon 16-35 mm 1:2.8 L II USM
- Canon 16-35 mm 1:4 L IS USM
- Canon 70-300 mm, 1:4-5.6 L IS USM
- Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
- Canon 180 mm 1:3.5 L USM Macro Lens
- Canon 24 mm TS-E 1:3,5 L II
- Sigma 12-24 mm f/4.5-5.6 II DG HSM
- Gitzo GT2541 + GT3542LS, SIRUI N-2204X, Velbon GEO E640
- Really Right Stuff BH-40, Sunwayfoto XB-44, Photoclam PC-44NS, Markins Q10 and Kirk L-Brackets
- ND filter (screw-in): B+W ND8/ND64, Hitech Firecrest ND1.2
ND filter (Cokin-Z filter system): Hitech Firecrest ND0.9/ND1.2/ND1.5, Lee Big Stopper, Lee ND0.9 ProGlass and Haida ND1.8
ND Gradual Filters: Lee 0.6/0.9 soft, Hitech Reverse ND 0.6/0.9 graduated filter
Polarizer: Heliopan, Hoya HD and Singh-Ray
- Canon Speedlite 430EX II